[Android-development] Hybrid applications with partly native UI?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sun Feb 15 09:55:52 CET 2015

Hi,

I have poor knowledge of the underlying integration between the Android
and Qt UI.

Hence the question, is it possible to have Qt rendering be confined to a
native android View?
So have a Qt app think that a particular View on screen is the display,
while rest of the UI would be Java?

I'm thinking of things like Android input method implementations, third
party keyboards.
Or if mixing the UIs is not doable, just having a Java UI and business
logic mostly in Qt Core, how would you structure that, just regular jni?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks,

Harri