[Android-development] Android QFileDialog

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:19:49 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Rutledge Shawn
<Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> On 16 Feb 2015, at 10:57, <maitai at virtual-winds.org> <maitai at virtual-winds.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes we've discussed that some time ago already
>>
>> I've tried hard with qtquick.dialogs, and finally got it more or less
>> working. The big problem being that it's bugged too (something to do
>> with the save function as well if I remember), and more importantly you
>> cannot display a qml window on top of a widget-based application
>> (qmainwindow) because qt can manage only one surface at a time, so I had
>> to hide my mainwindow while qtquick/filedialog was running etc... to
>> make it short it was a mess :)
>>
>> The pure QWidget-based with QFileSystemModel solution is much better and
>> faster in our case.
> I think we should make QFileDialog more touch-friendly at some point.  It seems to me the main problem is that it prefers to do drag-and-drop instead of flicking in the list view, right?  (And there are also some appearance and sizing issues, which are easier to fix.)  And yet DnD should also be possible in general (especially on desktop systems).  So we are thinking now that the distinction should be that when you flick quickly, it should scroll, whereas if you want to do DnD you would need to press, pause for a short time and then drag.  (But pause for a shorter time than you would for a “long press”.)  Or otherwise, the solution should probably be the same as for text selection in a scrollable text editor: somehow you have to be able to use one finger both to select a range of text, and also to scroll.
>
> Le 16-02-2015 10:42, Rutledge Shawn a écrit :

Shawn,
iOS-team has added to 5.5 touch-specific control for dealing with image files.

Developers would really appreciate this addition; options to
deal with document files and voice/audio files could be next.

Taking this direction to Android could be great,
but please do not miss widgets!

Take care!
Robert