[Android-development] Compiling Qt WebView, sources?

Christian Strømme christian.stromme at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 6 10:38:14 CET 2015

On 05/01/15 22:32 , Harri Pasanen wrote:
> On 05/01/2015 17:32, Christian Strømme wrote:

>>> Thanks, got it running.
>>>
>>> Btw. is there some command line or config to integrate it to qt5 build?
>>>
>>> What I did was just open the .pro with Qt Creator and compile it with
>>> the Kit being my own Qt kit and then installed manually with:
>>>
>>> cp -r
>>> build-qtwebview-Android_qt5_4_hp-Release/android-build/home/harri/qt5.4_hp/*
>>> ~/qt5.4_hp/
>>>
>>> As my own Qt for Android is installed under ~/qt5.4_hp/
>>>
>>> That works, but is probably less than optimal.
>>>
>>> Harri

>> Hi,
>>
>> just run qmake and make in the qtwebview folder. If ~/qt5.4_hp contains
>> your Qt build, something like this should be sufficient.
>>
>> qtwebview$> ~/qt5.4_hp/bin/qmake && make
>>

> Indeed, I did not realize it also sets the correct install directory,
> thanks.
>
> So now I can build it, install it, and the demo runs.  Time to start
> shaking out bugs...
>
> When I replace my old help system in my QML app based on Text with one
> based on WebView, my app no longer gets past the splash screen. I see no
> visible errors in the application output pane, and the WebView
> containing qml at that point is just loaded, but not used. Any educated
> guesses?
>
> If I postpone the loading by using a Loader, then my app starts.
>
> When I try to open the help, this time I do get an error.
>
> qrc:/qml/HelpPage.qml:21: TypeError: Property 'loadHtml' of object
> QWebView(0x4bf5a5f0) is not a function
>

> According to docs loadHtml() is a method, thus a function, so I'm not
> sure what is going wrong. I'll continue tomorrow.

I suspect you're look at the wrong documentation. The WebView in the
QtWebView module doesn't provide a loadHtml() method yet (should be
trivial to implement though
[https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-43661]).

The documentation for QtWebView can be found here:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebview-index.html.