[Android-development] Compiling Qt WebView, sources?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jan 6 13:16:26 CET 2015

On 06/01/2015 10:38, Christian Strømme wrote:
> The WebView in the
> QtWebView module doesn't provide a loadHtml() method yet (should be
> trivial to implement though
> [https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-43661]).
Thanks for working on this.

In the meanwhile I made equally "trivial" workaround like:

     QFile f(tr(":/res/help-en.htm"));
     _helpFile =
QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::TempLocation)+"/help.htm";
     f.copy(_helpFile);

and then using the file:// url to get it.   Is this something like you
had in mind, or is there some clever way to bypass the temp file?

Anyway, now I got it displaying the help. There seems to be something
strange going on with the font size though.  I did not have any css
styles changing the font size, and by default the Text rich text
displayed a reasonable size.
I added a css for the font size, and sometimes it is respected, but
other times the font is still huge.   This is on Nexus 7.

I'm not sure if this is related to file url, possibly triggering some
race condition?
I tried a couple of http urls and those seemed to render just fine.

Harri