[Android-development] Compiling Qt WebView, sources?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Jan 7 11:29:05 CET 2015

On 06/01/2015 14:25, Christian Strømme wrote:
>> Anyway, now I got it displaying the help. There seems to be something
>> >strange going on with the font size though.  I did not have any css
>> >styles changing the font size, and by default the Text rich text
>> >displayed a reasonable size.
>> >I added a css for the font size, and sometimes it is respected, but
>> >other times the font is still huge.   This is on Nexus 7.
>> >
>> >I'm not sure if this is related to file url, possibly triggering some
>> >race condition?
>> >I tried a couple of http urls and those seemed to render just fine.
>> >

> Not sure about this one... We don't do anything special that should
> affect that, but please make a bug report with an example if you can.

I'm still struggling with the font size.  In my app the initial
font/zoom is as if I had zoomed in to the maximum zoom.   Displaying the
same html in webview example works find, font size is correct.

If I zoom out completely by pinching, the final size is as it should be
in startup.

But sometimes, rarely, the font size is correct from the start.

It looks like there is some race condition at startup, like the android
android.webkit.WebView would be coming up before the device screen size
is initialized, or something like that.

I also tried to control the font size by setting in html the meta tag:
but in vain.

Any ideas?   I think delayed loading of QtWebView shared lib might be a
possible solution, but that is just a guess.

Harri