[Android-development] INSTALL_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Jan 14 20:03:48 CET 2015

I got my son an Acer Iconia B1-750 for Christmas and have been playing
with it a bit. (Android 4.4.4).

It was quite cheap, 99 Eur, but it has a nice quad core Intel CPU which
feels very fast, especially when building for x86 native. Certainly
faster than my Nexus 7 2013. When going native especially the app
startup time improved a lot. I assume there is some clever binary
translation going on at startup when running arm on x86, which slows it
down a bit. But hats off to Intel, the binary translation works
remarkably well, it was certainly very snappy in use even with arm binaries.

Downside of the B1-750 is that it only has 8Gb of memory, leaving only
about 1Gb for apps after updates have installed. It has a memory card
slot, but the memory card access seems pretty much read-only. I haven't
been able to write anything on the memory card from my apps, nor can
even its own camera save to memory card. On my S4 mini memory card
access works fine, within the constraints of KitKat that is. For the
first time I'm tempted to look into custom rom development to make this
thing live up to its potential, but I digress...

Now the Qt related issues.

When apps fail to deploy for what ever reason, Qt Creator does not
detect it and launches the previous installed version. I've had a couple
of unpleasant moments when I fixed a bug and tested it and the bug was
still there.

Anyway, now documented at:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-43848

Cheers,