[Android-development] Fwd: Android executable file

Cory Slep ARA/SED cslep at ara.com
Wed Jul 29 23:30:28 CEST 2015

Rishad,

Depending on what the details of your application are, the path of least resistance is to build it as a library. Just use the NDK to compile the shared object library (.so) and then in the other Android application, be sure to include it in the jnilibs of the other Android application to link and interact with natively. If you want to access it in Java code, you probably want to have an associated Java file with the .so and have the .so register the JNI calls. In this case, redistributing the Java file and .so to the other Android application would be required.

For a more exotic use case (actually running a file with the executable bit set) you will probably have to have the internal SD card remounted to allow setting the exec bit set on your device (not all devices allow this by default), or have an external SD card, or some other custom solution that fits your use case.

Hope this helps,
Cory