[Android-development] Loaded libraries limit upon Android 4.2.2 (SO_MAX)

Alessandro Lonardi alessandro.lonardi at edalab.it
Tue Mar 24 15:28:53 CET 2015

Hi all,
I've encountered a (maybe known) problem in the android build of my multi
platform Qt application.
My application relies on several Qt modules and plugins, and on some target
tablets and phones I've encountered this error:

load library <libraryname.so>: (Cannot load library:
soinfo_alloc(linker.cpp:287): too many libraries when loading
"<libraryname.so>")

This, as far as I've found, is a known linker limitation upon Android
4.2.2, since 4.3 this limitation has been removed, as stated here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14876835/android-maximum-shared-library-size

Since I need to keep a compatibility as larger as possible, I'm looking for
any way to load all the required Qt libraries. I was looking for a static
compilation, but at the moment I've not found a way to include static
libraries in the APK.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Alessandro.