[Android-development] Android Splash Screen

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:05:07 CET 2015

Hi Liang Jian,

I mean to mix your method (custom AndroidStyle) together with
 android.app.splash_screen_drawable. It should have no impact for splash
screen loading time. It can be shown immediately after clicked to start the
application.

However, for the flicker problem,yes , it still exists. But I think it is
less obvious then custom AndroidStyle only. I need to be focused on screen
change to discover the flicker.

>From my understanding, the splash screen change process can be divided into
3 steps:

1. Render window background and title bar according to theme.

2. QtActivity.onCreate(Bundle)

If android.app.splash_screen_drawable is set, it will render the drawable.
Otherwise, it will clear window background to #ff000000.

3. QQmlEngine loads the first scene and start rendering.

If your don't set android.app.splash_screen_drawable, both of step 2 and 3
will first render a black screen, but their timing are different. Step 3 is
short and less obvious.