[Android-development] Single APK for multiple architectures

Bruno Tezine btezine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 15:26:32 CEST 2015

Hi BogDan,
Thank you for your response and congratulations for the wonderful job you
have done into Android!!
So, the only workaround for intel-x86 android phones is to create a
separate apk for it and always keep it with a higher version code, correct?
That's because if the version code is lower than the ARM apk, Google will
always send the ARM apk even for intel-x86 phones as they can emulate ARM
instructions.
I don't know if Digia is aware of this issue, because "Qt 5 everywhere" app
takes more than 10 seconds to load the first screen into Asus Zenphone
5(intel). Every Qt ARM app takes more than 10 seconds to load in a intel
device.
Cheers,
    Bruno.