[Android-development] Android Splash Screen

Bruno Tezine btezine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:06:37 CET 2015

Hi,
How can I create a splash screen for Android using Qt (without widgets)?
I don't know if it's possible. The idea is to present a splash
screen(image) immediately while the first qml page is loading. No timers
involved.
I have read several samples, but none seems to fit. Let me explain:

1) http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-window-example.html
--This example uses a timer. It doesn't display a splash while the app is
still loading the first screen.

2) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5486789/how-do-i-make-a-splash-screen
--It explains how to create splash screens using two approaches. One using
an Activity and other using a theme style. The first approach uses a timer
and delays the app load. The second quickly display a splash, but after it
disappears, the screen goes black while loading the first qml page.

Is it possible?
Thank you,
   Bruno.