[Android-development] Crash when getting back to any Qt app on Samsung XCover 3

Tomas Løvbukten tomaslov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:52:27 CEST 2016

Dear Qt on Android gurus out there.

Please take a look at the bug report I filed last week:

QTBUG-55392 <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55392> Android: [Reg 5.5
-> 5.6] Crash when getting back to Qt app on Samsung XCover 3 (SM-G388F,
Android 5.1.1)

I downloaded latest Qt 5.7.1 from git sources and built Qt with the
following config:

./configure -xplatform android-g++ -nomake tests -nomake examples
-android-ndk ~/android/android-ndk-r10e -android-sdk
~/android/android-sdk-linux -developer-build -confirm-license

I then tested to set a breakpoint in QObject, and saw that I could step
into Qt code with this setup. Screenshot and backtrace from debugging when
this crashes is attached to the bugreport, but it does not help me too much
on what to do about this.

I don't usually have access to such a device myself, but one of our
customers was really helpful to lend out his phone for some days to help us
investigate this issue.

Any tip on how to proceed here, or help on debugging Qt while I still have
the device on hand would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Tomas Løvbukten

irc: tomaslov,  #neccessitas