[Android-development] “gps requires ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION” error and workaround on Android API 23+

Eskil A. Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 15 10:36:31 CET 2016

On 12. feb. 2016 23:32, Luke Dupin wrote:

> As of Android API 23, there is a new way to request location
> permissions. It doesn't look like QT5.6 beta has been updated to use
> this method, so I wrote a quick work around. This API 23 change might
> affect the camera and contacts permissions also, I'm not sure.

Hi,

Thanks for the work around.

By default, Qt applications should not be affected (or currently
support) the new permission model in Android 6 since the target SDK
version is set to 14. The applications should continue to work normally
as long as you do this.

Adapting Qt to support the new permission model is work that needs to be
done, definitely.

-- Eskil