[Android-development] Sqlcipher issue

Pramod Jadhav pramod.jadhav at citiustech.com
Mon Feb 15 15:13:10 CET 2016

Hi All,

         I am following the below steps to build & install the sqlcipher on ubuntu.

https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/open-source/

git clone https://github.com/sqlcipher/sqlcipher.git

Compiling with static linking: (replace /path/to with the path to libcrypto.a)

./configure --enable-tempstore=yes CFLAGS="-DSQLITE_HAS_CODEC" LDFLAGS="/path/to/libcrypto.a"
make

Compiling with dynamic linking:

./configure --enable-tempstore=yes CFLAGS="-DSQLITE_HAS_CODEC" LDFLAGS="-lcrypto"
make

It compile successfully & generate a libsqlcipher.so file.

>From command line the database encryption is done properly.

I am given the path of  libsqlcipher.so in my QT project. But it gives me error

QSqlDatabase: QSQLCIPHER driver not loaded

QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3 QPSQL QPSQL7

How can I solve this error.

I am using QT5.5 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramod Jadhav.