[Android-development] Errors running Android Emulator: eglSurfaceAttrib not implemented

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 11:34:04 CET 2016

Hi,
Make sure you have selected "Use host GPU"/"GPU Emulation" on your AVDs.
Cheers,BogDan.

    On Monday, February 15, 2016 8:10 PM, "stefanbn at t-online.de" <stefanbn at t-online.de> wrote:

 Hello all,
 I have been asking this question to the Qt Forums and was redirected here .. I can't get the Android Emulator to work with Qt QML apps at all, even not with the Qt Examples. I'm developing on Windows 7, Intel i7, Qt 5.5.1, QtCreator 3.6.0
 I use the most recent versions for Ant, Android NDK and SDK. I use Android x86 with Intel HXVA (but also tried different versions), also I tried different SDK Levels: 19, 21, 22 ... all result in the same errors (here for the QML Caluclator example): W/System.err( 2444): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.graphics.drawable.RippleDrawable
 W/System.err( 2444): at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
 [...]
 W/EGL_emulation( 2444): eglSurfaceAttrib not implemented
 D/OpenGLRenderer( 2444): Enabling debug mode 0F/libc ( 2444): Fatal signal 8 (SIGFPE) at 0xb7744ac8 (code=1), thread 2458 (xample.calqlatr) The app either crashes or shows a white screen on the emulator. I googled a lot for the eglSurfaceAttrib error and there are several posts without any good solution. On the web there are suggestions to disable the "Use Host GPU" setting in the AVD Manager which changes the behavior a little, but doesn't work either. Is there any solution for this? Any help is more than appreciated! Stefan