[Android-development] Anatomy of a Qt 5 for Android application

Fabrice Salvaire fabrice.salvaire at orange.fr
Wed Jan 27 17:25:40 CET 2016

Dear all,

I read the blog post of Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt
https://blog.qt.io/blog/2013/07/23/anatomy-of-a-qt-5-for-android-application/
and I am not sure to understand this sentence
"At this point, your application takes over and can run in its thread
with no regard to the origin of the input events it is getting."

Does it mean a Qt application on Android is made of two threads where
the Java thread forwards all events (like touch events) to the Qt
thread? In other words, an application on Android must run in a Java
container and we have an overhead due to this architecture: Kernel C >
Java VM > Java Thread / Native Thread.

I found any discussion on the Qt doc on the architecture impact on
mobile devices.

Sincerely yours,

Fabrice