[Android-development] Anatomy of a Qt 5 for Android application

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 19:32:31 CET 2016

Hi,
  Yes, every Qt on Android application has (at least) two threads. First one is the Android UI thread where the main android event loop leaves and the Qt one where the main Qt even loop runs (if you want to understand how it works, here http://www.kdab.com/qt-android-episode-7/ you have more info about how we do calls from one world to the other).And yes, *every* single Android application needs a Java part, even those so called "Native" Android Apps they are using a small Java part (NativeActivity[1]) which is "hidden" in Android (Java) SDK.
Cheers,BogDan.[1] http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/NativeActivity.html