[Android-development] Warm application start time

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:56:58 CEST 2016

Hi,

If you are using QML you may have to use Loaders to avoid loading of GUI
parts that are not displayed directly.
You can also take a look to the QtQuick compiler to improve qml loading.
There is a profiler on QtCreator for QML which can help you to find your
binding that are slow, be sure to not having binding loops.

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to optimize start time of my android application. For now I'm
> interested in warm start time
> when the user presses back and quickly returns to the app. If we consider
> java application the
> warm start is faster, it seems like android caches something or so.
> But it does not work for Qt applications. My application spends constant
> time for each start, even if I closed it a second ago.
>
> Is there any way to optimize warm start of Qt application?
> Any hints are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey

Xavier