[Android-development] Hide native android selection handles

Bernhard B schluchti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:03:30 CET 2016

Hi,

I just tried the Qt 5.8 Beta to see how the selection handles work. During
testing I found two bugs, see:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56940
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56939

As I am not sure, if those things will be fixed until the 5.8 release, I
wanted to ask, if there is maybe already a possibility to manually
show/hide the selection handle.
Sometimes the selection handle is still visible, although the corresponding
TextField and the native keyboard isn't visible anymore. This isn't very
nice from the user
experience point of view when there is a floating selection handle, but no
text input. Therefore, until this bug is fixed, I thought about fixing this
bug in my application.
So I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to control the appearance of
the selection handle via QML?

Many thanks!

Have a nice day,
Bernhard