[Android-development] QtBluetoothSocket write() crashes on Android after sending a few messages

Krzysztof Lesiak wave.dev at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:21:43 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

since I didn't get any response on the forum, I figured I might ask for help here.

The problem is outlined in this post: https://forum.qt.io/topic/77893/qtbluetoothsocket-write-crashes-on-android-after-sending-a-few-messages/1

[https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/62d5e2e7768a7b1a800e1f9579a31697?size=192&d=mm]<https://forum.qt.io/topic/77893/qtbluetoothsocket-write-crashes-on-android-after-sending-a-few-messages/1>

QtBluetoothSocket write() crashes on Android after sending a few messages<https://forum.qt.io/topic/77893/qtbluetoothsocket-write-crashes-on-android-after-sending-a-few-messages/1>
forum.qt.io
Hello everyone, I'm having a hard-to-debug problem with Qt Bluetooth on Android. The objective is to connect two Android devices (client/server) via RFCOMM, but I use a PC for testing in development because deploying to a single device is slow enough. Any...

I've tried numerous Qt versions (including the newest beta), but the behavior is still the same.

Also, I've built Qt 5.8 from source with debug symbols so I can see where it actually crashes, which that happens when calling a JNI method in libQt5Bluetooth.so.

I wanted to create a minimal repro case, but can't do that now due to the lack of time; if necessary, I'd gladly share the code with whoever is willing to help.

Greetings,

Krzysztof Lesiak