[Android-development] Starting a service

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:04:26 CET 2018

Hi,
Can someone explain to me how should I now start an Android service
made with Qt from an Android activity made with Qt and bind them so I
can use Binder for communication between them? There is no example in
Qt docs, all the classes from Android extras are described with one
sentence and it is really difficult to tell how it should be done.
I've found an tutorial on KDAB
(https://www.kdab.com/qt-android-create-android-service-using-qt/) but
it is over 2 years old and I am not sure if I now still need this
static method in Java class to start the service or not?

Best Regards,
Filip