[Android-development] Android/Qt setup

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Dec 6 23:33:29 CET 2019

I'm starting a Android version of an iOS project. I can get it to work, but the issue is I am editing Java code and it's really rough going for development.
If I open the build.gradle in the ANDROID_PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR defined as:
ANDROID_PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR = $$PWD/android

I get:
Gradle sync failed: Could not get unknown property 'qt5AndroidDir' for source set main of type com.android.build.gradle.internal.api.DefaultAndroidSourceSet. (404 ms)
And the AndroidStudio IDE does not work properly for resolving/parsing Java. It's just like a dumb text editor.

Or I can open the build.grade in the build directory, but I lose my edits when I compile in QtCreator. But the IDE works as it should.

Am I missing something? I *thought* I could edit java in AS and it would "just work", though QtC had to build it. (Which was fine with me)