[Android-development] Legacy opengl code issue

Sujan Dasmahapatra yellowlemontree0821 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 05:27:30 CEST 2019

Ya Tim I tried for the past few days, and conclude that I need to re-write
the opengl calls to with shader program and VBOs. No other alternative.
Using clean opengl in android hardware is more than impossible. Though
QOpenGLFunctions_3_0.h has all old opengl APIs but android doesn't support
them.

Legacy code can be used with mingw version of Qt. But android version will
not support these functions. And GLES API set doesn't have clean OpenGL
functions they're all shader based.

Still if any one has got any idea of legacy code if can be built with
android do let me know. I am anyway started porting the app for shader
based. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Best Regards
Sujan