[Android-development] Template changes

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Mar 6 17:52:31 CET 2020

Is there anywhere a template change is communicated?
I recently tries to migrate my 5.12 project to 5.14.1. On iOS it went fine, on Android it failed. I *think* it is because of template changes. Which leaves me in the position of having to create a new project and reverse engineer the changes.

Can we communicate what is being changed with the template when those changes happen? It would be nice to know before hand the amount of work required for the port before finding out it's not trivial. (And then figuring out what that work is)

The exact issue I am having is that the native functions are not being found.
For example:
extern "C" {
	// STATIC methods for JAVA
JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_com_company_app_MyActivity_batteryChanged(JNIEnv* env, jobject jo, jstring batteryState, double level) { ... }

}

Is found in 5.12, but not 5.14. Can anyone advise on that specifically?

Thanks.