[Android-development] Build for multi arch APK/App Bundles - QtC 5.14.1 - Qt 5.15.5

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Jun 24 17:01:53 CEST 2021

Just in my process to move all my projects from 5.13.2 to 5.15 (will
blog about)

For some projects (per ex. needed by QtWorldSummit App) I need signed
Release builds

  * APK 32-bit (armeabi-v7a)
  * APK 64-bit (arm64-v8a)
  * App Bundles (32 and 64-bit) for Play Store

and Debug builds

  * APK 32-bit to test on old devices
  * APK 64-bit

Building APKs I can see if it's signed or not from the name, am I right
that the .aab always only is named 'android-build-release.aab' ?

To build a single APK I uncheck 'Build App Bundle' and check only one of
the ABIs.

To build the Bundles I check 'Build App Bundle' and check from ABIs:
armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a.

This generates 'android-build-release.aab' and also ONE APK.

Would be great to get both APKs at once together with the App Bundles.

At the moment I'm doing 3 release builds: bundles, armeabi-v7a - APK,
arm64-v8a - APK

Which arch is inside the apk - release folder besides the bundles ?

Is my way to build all these variants correct ?

thanks for some infos

ekke