[Automotive] QmlLive: Is LiveNodeEngine::RecreateView mode really needed?

Juergen Ryannel juergen.bocklage-ryannel at pelagicore.com
Mon Aug 8 12:40:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

We had some issues where content (e.g. QML, images, …) where cached and survived a clearComponentCache call. So we introduced RecreateView where we completely destroy the view. This core was written during Qt 4.8 times and then updated for Qt5.

Ideally we would not use a QQuickView at all and just depend on a QQmlEngine. Additionally we would like to create the out-of-process option, where we control a remote process. This makes it easier to survive crashes from C++ plugins.

/ jryannel