[Automotive] Qt Virtual Keyboard

Bontrager, Matt pbontrag at jaguarlandrover.com
Wed Dec 21 00:29:49 CET 2016

Hello automotive group. I have a question related to customizing the Qt
Virtual Keyboard.

Is there a way to customize the layout and style of the Qt Virtual Keyboard
directly in the QML of a project (with the import QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard
2.1 , etc, in the document head)?

After researching all of the documentation I could find, the only way I see
to:

   - customize the layout is to make changes directly in the source code of
   the plugin (layouts/en_GB/main.qml, etc)
   - customize the style is to create a custom directory in the
   VirtualKeyboard/Styles directory and point the project to the custom style

Thanks in advance for any direction/guidance.

Best,
*Matt Bontrager*
Senior Software Developer
Future Technology
Infotainment, Electronic and Software Systems

*T:*  +1.971.256.9743  *| M: *+1.503.550.0727

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209
JaguarUSA.com <http://www.jaguarusa.com/index.html>  |  LandRoverUSA.com
<http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/>