[Automotive] [agl-discussions] Introduce Qt IVI layer (meta-qt5-ivi)

phongtran tranmanphong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:56:24 CEST 2016

On 06/14/2016 11:27 PM, Stephen Lawrence wrote:
Hi Steve,
> Hi Phong,

Thank for your feedback.

> One question from reading the Readme. I see it does not use the existing meta-qt5 layer [1].
This layer depends on meta-qt5. I have just tested this layer with AGL
distro. AGL distro also use meta-qt5. So I put AGL distro as dependencies.

> Whilst trying to avoid drawing you into politics could you summarise technically why your layer
> has its own base Qt 5 parts?
Do you mean this
https://github.com/phongt/meta-qt5-ivi/blob/dev/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bbappend
?

If yes, this is for fixing the compile error of qtwayland.

> From a quick look the two layers seem to have a somewhat different focus
> and you've provided recipes presumably for just what you need.
>
> I am not thinking so much about a feature by feature comparison but the practicalities about
> layer architecture and adoption. To give one example the Genivi Development Platform (GDP)
> uses [1] for the base Qt 5 parts for its Qt based HMI.
This layer also use [1].