[Automotive] QtIviMedia vs QtMultimedia

Johan Thelin johan.thelin at pelagicore.com
Tue May 24 14:41:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

I would say that QtMultimedia is for in-process media rendering, while
QtIVIMedia is about media indexing/browsing and out-of-process rendering.
Of course QtMultimedia can be used to implement a rendering backend support
in-process rendering, but that is not at the top of the list right now.

The reason for this is that it is common in IVI systems to have
out-of-process media rendering engines and we don't want to integrate them
as QtMultimedia backends as they really do not fit.

Best regards,

---

Johan Thelin   ヨハン  テリン
M.Sc.E.E.
System Architect

PELAGICORE | Experience Change
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)700 900 250
Skype: jothpelagicore
E-Mail: johan.thelin at pelagicore.com