[Automotive] QMLProfiler with appman based system

Sanchez, Jack jsanche1 at jaguarlandrover.com
Sun Oct 23 02:44:10 CEST 2016

Hello again,

I'm trying to get a QMLProfiler session running against my appman based
system, however, this does not seem possible.

I have built the appman project in debug mode (i.e. including
CONFIG+=declarative_debug CONFIG+=qml_debug) and have spent a couple hours
attempting to build in QML/JS debugging options in order to be able to
launch the system with the profiler through QtCreator.

My QtCreator run configuration looks something like this:
Executable: appman
Command line args: -r -c "/opt/am/config.yaml" -c $AM_CONFIG --fullscreen
--verbose
Working directory: <location of our system installation>

As well as a few basic environment variables.

With this configuration I would like to be able to launch with the profiler
attached, although I have also tried to attach externally.

Is this use case intended to be supported, or should I look for another way
to accomplish this goal?

Ideally I'd like to avoid tedious creation of dummyimports (which can
somewhat mislead the overall performance metrics) and usage of qmlscene.

Thanks as always!

--
*Jack Sanchez*
Lead Qt Engineer