[Development] Qt Namespace

toby.tomkins at nokia.com toby.tomkins at nokia.com
Thu Dec 1 04:54:08 CET 2011

Hello all,

I am currently cleaning up Qt5 modules so they all compile using the -qtnamespace option in configure. I have completed some of the modules without incident but would like feedback on my current plan of action for modules that deviate from the standard naming convention.

So for the following modules (these would all occur in the QT_NAMESPACE)

QtJsonDB - remove the QtAddOn namespace, keep the QtJsonDb namespace
QtConnectivity - keep the QtBluetooth, QtNfc namespaces
QtPim - keep the QtVersitOrganizer, QtVersit, QtOrganizer, QtContacts namespaces
QtDocGallery remove the QtAddOn namespace, keep the Gallery namespace (does this need renaming?)

And remove all instances of QTM_*.

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/groups/qt_contributors_summit/wiki/Qt5ProductDefinition talks about the definition QtAddOns, maybe this need clarification.

--
Toby Tomkins