[Development] QtNetwork changes from QtDD SF 2011

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:08:15 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Jeff Mitchell <qt at jefferai.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was asked to put this information on the wiki, but wasn't actually
> sure where the correct place was to do it. I'll put the info here and it
> can be moved into the wiki later. <snip>,

At the Contributor Day in San Francisco, a number of people met to
> discuss some of the issues involving QtNetwork, espcially
> QNetworkAccessManager (QNAM). The overall idea is that eventually
> QNetworkAccessManager, which is meant to generally be
> one-per-application, must be made thread-safe in order to fulfill this
> desired use. <snip>,

I made a page at:

<https://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contributors_Day/Qt_Networking_Discussion>

...which is referenced from the front page for the Qt Contributors Day:

<https://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contributors_Day>

Please feel free to move-and-reorganize as needed.   I'm still learning the
Wiki too.  ;-))

--charley