[Development] Call for Volunteers: SSO-improvements for qt-project.org

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Dec 7 15:26:42 CET 2011

On Wednesday, December 07, 2011 09:03:23 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I know that a lot of open source projects will not use any non-FOSS (KDE
> for instance), but my understanding was that Qt uses JIRA because
> although proprietary, it's the best in its class, which makes it very
> useful. Crowd is also being used, and is also proprietary.

The worst thing about Confluence is that it can only be edited in rich text
mode. There is no markup behind that which you can switch to in order to edit
pages.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-21853

It is highly frustrating for me, and I'd expect for other people who are used
to dealing with code.

Maybe not a showstopper, but something to consider and try out. For me, one
wiki is not very different to another, but the one with markup as its primary
source is the winner. That of course doesn't solve the authentication issue.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen at kdab.com> | Software Engineer