[Development] Spelling of module names in documentation

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Fri Dec 9 09:01:04 CET 2011

Hi all,

The documentation is currently using various spelling styles for module
names, so I've worked with our technical writers and Kevin (the
documentation maintainer) on this wiki article:

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Spelling_Module_Names_in_Qt_Documentatio

Comments?

There are a couple of special cases that may need some further discussion:

- Qt Publish Subscribe: should we drop the "and" to make the documentation
and code consistent
- Qt System Info instead of Qt System Information to make the
documentation and code consistent
- ActiveQt
- Qt WebKit for WebKit 1 stuff - should that potential module be called Qt
WebKit Widgets, similarly to Qt Multimedia Widgets? That could still cover
Qt Quick 1 based stuff, because QDeclarativeView is a widget...

Best regards,
Henry