[Development] QtV8 and the unittests

christopher.adams at nokia.com christopher.adams at nokia.com
Mon Dec 12 01:33:25 CET 2011

Hi Holger,

> > Hi again,
> >
> > the previous points are not answered but I have one more question. Why
> > do we need to have the QML_GLOBAL_INDEX slot and carry it around?
> Why
> > can't we just patch src/contexts.cc with the current code but resolve
> > the qml_global and qml_global_global through the Global object? What
> > would break/not work if it is done like this? It would save us from touching
> 2*Number(ARCHs) jit?
>
> ping? where is the place to discuss Qt's V8 patches?

I believe that this is the correct mailinglist.  You could also join the #qt-script channel on freenode irc, and talk to Kent Hansen or Gabor Ballabas for more real-time discussion of ideas.  Aaron Kennedy and Kent are probably the guys with the best knowledge of the v8 engine, and it may be worth posting a comment to QTBUG-20099 to get in-line discussion of your suggestions / questions.

> holger

Cheers,
Chris.