[Development] This week in Qt 5 development (week 49)

João Abecasis joao.abecasis at nokia.com
Mon Dec 12 09:49:36 CET 2011

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> This week:
>
> == QSound removed ==
> == Talk of removing QWorkspace ==
> == QTemporaryDir arrives ==
> == Building v8 on MIPS ==
> == -bsymbolic-functions used by default ==
> == Extend the API for touch events ==
> == On screen keyboard and better Input Methods ==
> == Some build-time tools separate from QtBase ==
> == Marketing ==

I think this sort of weekly summary (including the commentary I snipped) is a very welcome addition to the Qt project. It is useful for everyone working on Qt.

Before you posted this I was wondering how to aggregate and distribute the information, but you seem to have it rolling quite nicely already.

I would like to encourage you to keep doing it and posting it to this list, as time and availability allows. Pretty please! :-)

Cheers,

João