[Development] QWinEventNotifier does not handle kernel events when dragging GUI window. This is a bug?

Denis scapig2 at yandex.ru
Wed Dec 14 09:46:49 CET 2011

Hello.

As I understand, in the Qt5 scheduled, a class QWinEventNotifier make public.

But I discovered that this class is no longer handle the events core Windows (Windows events)
in the GUI application, when you move the application window.

A similar behavior is done by simply clicking the left mouse button on the window title to hold,
or when you try to resize the window while holding.

I did a simple test application that reproduces the problem.
In the program on a signal from the timer QTimer, the slot make the installation of a Windows
events in the signal state ( with win API SetEvent(HANDLE) ) with a period of 1 sec.
In this case, the derived class from QWinEventNotifier is catching  this event.

The application displays the console debug messages (using qDebug ()),
that contain counts for the number of signal events and captured events.
If you run the application and the actions described above, this number will not equal.
It is seen that the method bool TestNotifier::event (QEvent * e) does not work.

Tell me, what it is: OS Windows feature or bug notifier?
And can it somehow be solved without resorting to the creation of additional threads?

The test project "wenbug.zip" in the attachment.

Best regards,
Denis