[Development] Spelling of module names in documentation

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 13:50:08 CET 2011

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 09.34.54 henry.haverinen at nokia.com wrote:
> I got some feedback outside this list about the documentation spelling of
> module names that contain acronyms. Now the guideline says we should write
> about the Qt Sql module, the Qt Xml module and so on. The feedback is that
> we should write about the Qt SQL module, the Qt XML module, the Qt XML
> Patterns module, the Qt MIME Types module and so on. The short version used
> in the code would continue be QtSql, QtXml and so on

names like 'xml' are no longer abbreviations, they are product names. Not just
something that Qt made up, but industry wide known product names.

As such they should have only one capital.

I think it would be confusing to change the docs while all places where we
follow this rule in the code will not change.