[Development] Qt Commercial 4.8.0 release delta to LGPL version

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Tue Dec 20 12:22:03 CET 2011

On 12/15/11 9:23 PM, "ext Olivier Goffart" <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:

>On Thursday 15 December 2011 11:53:12 sinan.tanilkan at nokia.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for you summary Tuukka.
>>
>> We hope to move Qt 4 to Gerrit soon. This should enable faster handling
>>of
>> contributions.
>
>Wasn't the policy to first push the code in Qt5, then backport in Qt 4.8?
>
>I also see a lot of commit in Qt 4.8 that are not in Qt5. This is a
>problem.

Yes, having fixes in 4.8 that are not in 5 is a problem. However the
policy so far was to put the fix into 4.8 and forward port to 5.0. The way
to do that was to add the 4.8 repository to Qt5 using git alternate and
cherry-pick -x. IIRC, we even had a script to check for fixes that haven't
been forward ported to Qt 5.

Cheers,
Lars