[Development] Qt Commercial 4.8.0 release delta to LGPL version

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Dec 20 13:25:36 CET 2011

On 12/20/2011 06:10 AM, ext Sergio Ahumada wrote:
>> Unfortunately moving it into gerrit is not as easy as one might think as
>> the testing infrastructure is somewhat different between Qt 4.x and Qt 5.
>> We could move Qt 4.x into gerrit very fast, but would loose the CI on it.
>> If we want to keep CI, there's some work that needs to happen first.
>> Sergio and Rohan know the details here.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lars
>
> Basically we need to integrate (or something like it):
>
> http://codereview.qt-project.org/9872
> http://codereview.qt-project.org/11460
> http://codereview.qt-project.org/11462
>
> and we need to make the tests to pass or mark them as insignificant (I
> already have a patch for this).
>
> We have some other options (to start with, improving over time):
>
> - No CI et al, direct submit [1] =>  now
>
> - CI with some platforms (linux, windows, mac) enforcing compilation
> only =>  a week ?
>
> - CI with some platforms (linux, windows, mac) enforcing compilation and
> autotests = couple of weeks ?
>
> - CI with the current platforms in enforcing mode (macosx 10.6, macosx
> 10.7, winxp msvc2008, win7 msvc2008, win7 msvc2010, linux g++, linux
> icc) =>  months ?

I really don't want 4.x out there without *anything*, so lets skip the
step with direct submits. We don't do it for Qt 5, so we definitely
shouldn't do it for Qt 4.

I think we could go ahead with a multi-phase process though.

So, we'd start with enforcing compilation on the desktop platforms,
which means ~1 weeks worth of work to get it migrated and up and running
with CC (Continuous Compilation ;)

Then 1 week later we can add the autotests too, so we get CI.

Then, as we are able to adapt the other platforms, we add them when they
are available until we cover all the platforms we have currently for Qt 4.

--
.marius