[Development] (no subject)

Dave Mateer davemateerwork at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:59:25 CET 2011

I have several patches to Qt4 that I have posted on the bug tracker. Now that
the new contribution model is in place, I wanted to submit those as patches.
I'm not very familiar with git (we use SVN), and am having trouble at the
following step on the "Qt Contributions Guidelines" page:

  > Qt 4: Add a git remote called "gerrit" in your cloned repository, which
  > points to the Qt 4 project on codereview.qt-project.org. Note there is
  > currently no Qt 4 reviews on codereview.qt-project.org so proposals should
  > still go to Gitorious.

I have absolutely no idea what that means. I looked through the git manual and
think I see how to create a remote, but I am not sure what to put as the
target. I do not see any Qt4 project on the codereview site, only Qt5.

Could someone please explain what the above statement means and perhaps just
include the git command I need to run to fulfill the requirement?

Thanks!

Dave