[Development] Patches in JIRA (Was: (no subject))

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at nokia.com
Wed Dec 21 14:37:08 CET 2011

On 12/21/2011 02:23 PM, ext Dave Mateer wrote:
> I don't know that my opinion matters much, as I'm just new on the
> list. But I will confirm that the challenges below (and that others
> have mentioned recently on this group) are very much the situation I
> find myself in. I have about five patches I would like to submit for
> bugs in JIRA, mostly priority 3 stuff. But I have already lost two
> full days fighting Git and Gerrit and building Qt5. Some of the
> instructions online are confusing or outdated. I understand that this
> is still transitional and early, and many of those growing pains will
> be resolved. And I have been nothing but impressed with the dedication
> and commitment to excellence that the Qt team exhibits.
> Nonetheless, if I could just submit my patches to something like JIRA
> or hand them off to a "sponsor" of sorts that already has his
> Git/Gerrit area configured and knows the idiosyncrasies of building
> Qt5, that would make me much more inclined to contribute. As it is,
> I'd like to just give up, but I feel like my acceptance of the LGPL
> terms constrains me to at least keep trying a few more days. (We are
> already using these patches in our production code.)
> Again, not sure it matters much, but there is at least one case study
> from someone on the "outside." :-)
> Dave Mateer

Hi,

Go to #qt-labs on Freenode and people might be able to help you with
Git/Gerrit.

If you don't find anyone able to help you, ping me (sahumada) and I will
be happy to help.

Cheers,

[facts]: just check "[Development] typo in docs" email, it took just
three hours to realize how Gerrit works and get the typo patch integrated.
--
Sergio Ahumada
Mobile Phones Middleware - Quality Engineering