[Development] ../../bin/mkv8snapshot: No such file or directory

kai.koehne at nokia.com kai.koehne at nokia.com
Wed Dec 21 15:10:05 CET 2011

Could very well be that the other bugs you're mentioning are actually a result of -no-v8, since this isn't something most people will pass to configure :( I'd rather find out what goes wrong for you in the first place.

v8 is somewhat specific in that
  * it is a git submodule of qtbase
  * it requires python to build

You should therefore check whether you've python in the path (I don't know whether this is actually checked by configure), and that your git submodule is up to date. So, please run 'git status' inside qtbase and check that nothing shows up, specifically no 'src\3rdparty\v8'.

Finally, just re-running configure sometimes doesn't fix everything ... the safest thing to do is 'git clean -fxd; git submodule foreach git clean -fxd', but I can understand that this really hurts for people without a powerful build farm :(  You can mitigate this though by just compiling the modules you're interested in. If you e.g. are only interested in qtdeclarative, only compile qtbase and qtxmlpatterns. No need to spend precious time on e.g. webkit :)

Hope this helps

Kai