[Development] Patches in JIRA (Was: (no subject))

Dave Mateer davemateerwork at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:43:08 CET 2011

Thanks, Marius, et al ...

I didn't intend my post to take a defensive tone. Again, I *really*
appreciate the framework and all the people working on it; Qt is
top-notch! It just seemed like there was some discussion on these
things and thought it might be helpful to have an outsider position.
Maybe I just misinterpreted the current atmosphere!

I think my challenges were that it was not entirely clear to me
*where* the problems I was having were. In other words, it was not
clear to me that the build documentation was incorrect until after I
had already spent several hours trying to build with those
instructions. And now I am seeing through the discussion list that
maybe Mac OS X building is just broken at the moment. So a lot of my
delays may just be choosing an unfortunate time to start trying to
give back to the community! :-) I'm sure once everything is ironed out
the process will be much simpler, just as your post suggests.

No, I'm not using Qt5 in production. I'm just trying to follow the
instructions of fixing in Qt5 first, then cherry-picking back into
Qt4.x. We're using 4.7.4 as our base.

Dave