[Development] QHttp removal

Jonas M. Gastal jgastal at profusion.mobi
Fri Dec 23 13:41:43 CET 2011

On Friday 23 December 2011 12:23:14 Alex Kides wrote:
> Is there an equivalent means of processing http requests/responses when
> working with a QTcpServer/QTcpSocket? (The QHttp*Header classes have been
> marked as obsolete but no usable equivalent is in place, that i've seen
> anyway, the QNAM classes don't seem that useful for server type
> applications)

QNAM is not meant to be used in creating a server, it is strictly for clients.
>From what I know there are no classes to help in creating an HTTP server(other
than QTcpServer). While the QHttp*Header classes can be usefull in creating an
HTTP server I would say they are a far cry from making it easy. If we want to
add that functionality I think we should wrap it in a much higher level class
something like QHttpServer. I'm not convinced that that is a good idea tough.

Gastal