[Development] Qftp removal

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Tue Dec 27 11:02:25 CET 2011

On Saturday 24 December 2011 09:24:52 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Friday, 23 de December de 2011 22.10.19, David Boosalis wrote:
> > I've been using it for a year now, have had no problems on Linux and
> > Windows.  I use it to check for application upgrade.  Is there a
> > recommended way to do FTP transfers when QFtp is gone.  Any chance of QFtp
> > getting into Qt Commercial ?
>
> Qt Commercial and Qt Open Source are the same. If it's removed from one,
> it's removed from both. We can probably place it in a separate module for
> people who still need it.
>
> The recommended way is to use QNetworkAccessManager, which does not have API
> for listing directories.

A solution with Qt5 will be to use KIO, since we (the KDE developers) are
working on making it useable on top of Qt with much less dependencies than in
the current code.

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090