[Development] QStandardItemModel moved to "QtWidgets" module, not good idea?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 16:08:28 CET 2011

As it appears, QStandardItemModel has been moved to QtWidgets module:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt5/qstandarditemmodel.html

while QAbstractItemModel is still in QtCore:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt5/qabstractitemmodel.html

This is sort of annoying, as QSIM is a convenient way to use QAIM, and
the QAIM concept in itself is still relevant for QML application
development.

I'm all for killing the whole QAIM concept for something better (that
we don't have yet), but before that happens there should be a
convenient migration path from QSIM to Qt5, for systems that do not
support the QtWidgets module. Should we package QSIM as a static
library, possibly renaming the class?

Now that we are at it, do we already have plans for C++ models that
better fit the QML environment? I recall such things have been "in
planning", but don't know the current status.