[Development] State of QtDeclarative (noob question)

Alan Alpert alan.alpert at nokia.com
Wed Dec 28 01:04:13 CET 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:52:59 ext Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 12/23/2011 03:39 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> Okay, I tried the minehunt example and in a non-shadow build and end up
> with:
>
> qrc:minehunt.qml:43:1: import "MinehuntCore" has no qmldir and no namespace

Same. I filed a bug https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-23362 . You
can file bugs too when you find these you know. If other people can't
reproduce, then they can communicate that through the bug report (be sure to
specify if you're using shadow-build or not).

> am I the only one that have issues with the declarative examples? (I didn't
> try everything but so far only the samegame works a bit on my x86/intel i5
> system).

The examples/demos for declarative were torn up in a couple of ways since the
start of Qt5 development, plus the module itself has undergone significant
upheaval. And throughout all this upheaval Samegame is probably the only one
checked regularly, at least for my part.

It's not at the most stable point in the development cycle, but the plan is
(and has always been) to get all that cleaned up by the actual release of
5.0.0. Which is easier if you point out the broken bits, thanks!

--
Alan Alpert
Senior Engineer