[Development] QStandardItemModel moved to "QtWidgets" module, not good idea?

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Fri Dec 30 08:33:41 CET 2011

On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:36:43 Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Giuseppe D'Angelo <dangelog at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On 27 December 2011 15:08, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'm all for killing the whole QAIM concept for something better (that
> >> we don't have yet), but before that happens there should be a
> >> convenient migration path from QSIM to Qt5, for systems that do not
> >> support the QtWidgets module. Should we package QSIM as a static
> >> library, possibly renaming the class?
> >
> > Is there a problem moving it to QtCore or QtGui?
>
> I don't know. I wouldn't mind a decision to move it to, say, QtGui.

It depends on QFont and QBrush, so QtCore is out. It doesn't have any widget
dependency, so it could potentially move to QtGui.

I don't really mind where it is. It's the argument of keeping QtGui small that
needs to be satisfied (if that argument exists).

There is also QFileSystemModel which could be moved to QtGui if QIcon was
moved also (why is QIcon in widgets?) and its dependency on QMessageBox was
removed.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer