[Development] State of x86 SIMD in Qt

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Dec 30 22:26:44 CET 2011

On Thursday, 29 de December de 2011 15.16.19, jason.barron at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> >  I can get started, but I need to know: how is this code tested? How can I
> >  verify that things are working?
> The best way to test this is to run the lancelot autotests to verify that
> the output of the raster engine is the same before and after. The code for
> the baseline server is in Qt, but the baselines we are currently using
> inside Nokia  are not (for lack of public infrastructure I guess) so you'll
> have to generate your own baseline (before the patch) and then test it
> (after the patch). The tests are located here:
>
>     qtbase/tests/auto/other/lancelot
>
> the baselineserver is here:
>
>     qtbase/tests/baselineserver
>
> The draw helpers are mostly used in blending code so these lancelot tests
> (eg: porter_duff.qps) probably offer the best coverage in this area.

Thanks Jason

I'll run the regression tests next year.

Are there benchmarks for this code? After my work of yesterday and today,
we've got a full set of draw helpers compiled with AVX, so I'd like to give it
a go on my Sandy Bridge laptop.

I'd also like to compare the previous SSE2 to the current SSE2 code.